Friday, March 4, 2011

Around the World

The fun thing about having a blog is receiving comments from people from around the world. I get insight from other cultures and it helps me get a different perspective on things. To the person from Holland who commented on my Valentine's post:

I did not grow up in a family that was real big on Valentine's. I take that back, my mom was big on every special day or holiday. She would go all out for the family. One year she even made chocolate truffles. They were delicious! No one else in my family is big on the day. I also never had a Valentine until last year so the giant teddy bears, flowers and all the hype have never been important to me. The thing I love about Valentine's is being able to really show those I care about that I care about them. Then I think, it shouldn't be like that. Only taking one day out a year to show people that you care about them? It should be a constant in one's life to show how much he/she cares about those around him/her. Anyway, to my Holland friend, Valentine's may not be a big deal where your from, but there is nothing that says you can't make it a big deal in your own way. Who knows, you may start a new trend or tradition amongst your family and friends. Give it a try, see what happens. Please don't be discouraged if people don't take to it right away. Nothing that is ever worth it is easy. Good luck! Oh, and welcome to the wide world of blogging. Have fun exploring and sharing!

I have also noticed there are people that follow from other areas of the world as well, whether or not they actually follow because they are interested or to just say that they follow a lot of blogs is not my business. They can follow for whatever reason they choose unless it's to place spam on my comments. If I find out you spam me or put things up that are totally ridiculous, you will no longer be a follower and I will block you. Hopefully through doing this, people will learn a little something about me and I will learn a little something about the rest of the world and what they feel about topics I write about. To all the bloggers out there in the blogosphere (I hope I spelled that correctly) live without regrets and record it, love those who are around you, and laugh about anything even the things that anger you because you never know how it is going to affect someone else in the world. Remember, record it all.

Thank you for reading my blog. Someday my kids will read this and they will read your comments as well and learn from you.

No comments: