Monday, February 14, 2011

Happy Valentine's Day!


Another Valentine's Day is upon us. As much as this "holiday" made me want to barf when I was young, immature and single, I kinda like it. Now the only reason it makes want to barf is because I have to watch as students bring in 3 ft tall teddy bears and give giant boxes of candy to other students. It is a little ridiculous to me, but that's kids, they specialize in the ridiculous. I don't like this day because I am married now and have a permanent Valentine. I started liking this "holiday" years ago when I realized it's not about loving one person and being given gifts. It's about showing everyone you care about how much you care. Yes, it's was originally designed as a day for lovers, but society has changed and now, to me, it's about reminding those around me whom I love that I love them. It's about friends and family. It's about letting others know that you think about them and their well-being. It's about making someone else's day better.
HAPPY VALENTINE'S DAY !
Now go and make someone else's day better.


1 comment:

joyce van bijsterveld said...

Hi! I'm new here ^^ Sooo.. you're the first one I'm giving a comment xD
I'm from holland... But you know, over here valentines day is not thatt nice. Big teddy's, chocolate gifts... I would LOVE that. But the guys here... even if they are romantic, they still don't even care a bit about valentines day. It sucks! I think that it's pretty nice where you're from, though. I'd like to see something like that ^^