Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Individual Worth

The next topic is Individual Worth. This one talks about future plans for family, education, and home. When I was younger this one was great because it was simple answers like, "I'm going to college and will graduate, then I will get married, have kids and create the most amazing home". A couple of those things have happened, but not all of them and there are some areas I want to improve upon.

#1 Education: I want to go back to school and earn another Master's. This time I want it to be in High School Counseling. It could be a good step for my future. Plus knowing the psyche of a kid is great when trying to decided how to handle delicate situations with kids. The only thing I need to do now is wait for Leland to graduate and find the money to go back to school.

#2 Family: I want to be a better wife for my husband, daughter to my parents, and sister to my brother. I sometimes have problems with feeling unsupportive in all areas. I tend to become a little more selfish when I am under a lot of stress. I forget about my family's needs and focus on my own. I have to remember that doing things for others takes my mind off me and brings those around me great blessings. I would love to have three kids, but right now, I can't take care of a dog. Maybe in the near future we will have a dog and can focus on that. I have to reach more outside of myself and open my eyes to what is going on in other's lives.

#3 Home: Right now I just want a place that isn't so small. Then I can start making it feel more like a home and not just a place to shower and sleep. I am not very handy and I definitely missed the feminine touch train when it passed by. I try to be better at decorating, but then I don't like what I do and start all over and never finish. I want a home that is comfortable and welcoming. Color and pictures on the walls. I want a home that is a refuge from the world. I actually gave a lesson on this in YW this past Sunday. I need to be more mindful of the movies and TV shows I watch and the music I listen to. My taste in music has changed a little since I was younger. It may be easier than I thought to change some of the things that need it.

Remembering my divine nature will help in seeing my individual worth. Things can only get better when I am improving upon the things that matter most.

No comments: