Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Divine Nature

After writing everything about Divine Nature I will only have two more experiences to do and I will be finished with that value. Divine Nature, as well as Individual Worth, are tested on a daily basis. Many women forget where they come from and who they are. They do not understand the real meaning behind being a daughter of a kind, gracious, loving Heavenly Father. They also do not understand the divine role of being a woman and a wife and a mother. It has taken me a very long time to understand my divine role. I was always the girl who didn't care to get married or have children. I was the one that was going straight to the top and nothing was going to stop me or take me off course. I have very high expectations and goals for my career and my life. I was well on my way to doing that when a wonderful man came along and has put a kink in my plans. I have a loving, understanding husband who knows what my aspirations are and supports me in all my endeavors. Recently, especially since doing Personal Progress again, my aspirations have changed. Right now, I have to work to support us. But I am growing tired of my normal work. Probably because I have been thinking more and more of a family. When I got married I thought, "It's okay to not have children right away. We both want kids, but it's not like it has to happen now." As the past year has progressed I am wanting to start a family more and more and live up to my divine roles as a wife and a mother. At work I feel like I am a mother already to 400 kids. I see their ups and downs, I see them when they do something stupid, I see them when they do something good. I actually have a place in my heart for these kids. Some kids I am sad to see go home because I would love to have them in my home. I have learned to be loving and disciplined with the kiddos. I have had to learn a ton of patience and kindness. I have seen the effects of not having a mom in the picture. I see the importance of being a parent and teaching children to walk in the paths of righteousness. Whether or not I am ready is up to my Heavenly Father. He will bless me when he feels it is time. The closer it gets to Leland finishing school the more excited I am about the prospects of being a wife, mother, homemaker. I anxiously await the time when we will have a family and I can fulfill my divine roles.
This time around going through Personal Progress, I am able to understand and really see the importance of what is being taught. I have developed many qualities that are needed to fulfill my roles. I know it is not going to be easy, but it is going to be worth it. I know there will be many challenges along the way, but as I go through them I will come out a stronger person and will have learned something else from it.
What cold be better than being a wife and a mother? Nothing! I await the day when the mother part will be filled and I will be able to teach and rear my children on the paths righteousness. I am a daughter of Heavenly Father who loves me and love Him.

No comments: