Friday, February 11, 2011

90's Music

I kinda feel like being random today. There are so many things I could talk about today, like having five teachers out again or kids in ISS, or the amazing cake I ate at lunch (layered white cake with lemon custard and chocolate ganache). Instead, I'm just gonna go with the flow, literally. I found this radio station on music.yahoo.com that plays only hits from the 90's. It's kinda fun listening to the songs and remembering my childhood. Right now, for example, "Insane in the Brain" by Cypress Hill is playing. I was in the sixth grade when I remember this coming out. Now i ma thinking about the movie Mrs. Doubtfire because that song was in that movie at the beginning when the son is having his birthday party that he wasn't suppose to have and Mom walks in with a birthday cake in shock as to what is going on. Great movie that Mrs. Doubtfire. It takes me back to finally sitting in the back of the bus, ruling the elementary school, being the only girl the boys really wanted on their teams, hitting kids because they would cuss, being the only kid in the sixth grade to complete the one-minute times tables test the first time given every time, and soccer trips with my club team. Oh, yeah and orchestra for the first year.


"No Diggity" by Blackstreet reminds me of freshman year of high school. Sitting in my mom's car on the way to K-town to visit my dad before the family moved out there. State soccer championship game against Norman High School, ankle surgery in October of '96, the only goalkeeper in the state with a 0.0 GAA (goals against average) and not getting any honors for my hard work, seniors sticking up for the freshman, first experiences in a predominately black high school, "Penny" Hardaway, apartment living for the first time, out Pekinese Brownie who was stolen from our vehicle by apartment workers because no dogs were allowed on the property (which a car is private property so they had no right to yell at us about it or take our dog), moving to TX from OK.

The music has really brought back more memories than I thought I remembered. I gotta do this more often. It really gets my creative juices flowing.

No comments: