Wednesday, February 2, 2011

F-f-f-f-f-freezing!

WHAT THE HECK MOTHER NATURE! One of the reasons I live in the greatest state in the union is because of it's beautiful winter weather. It rarely gets this cold. It's 11 am and 20 degrees outside. The high is suppose to be 35. I don't think that will happen today. When I left my apartment this morning it was 17 degrees with a windchill of 8. Brrrrrrrrr! This is not the type of winter I signed up for when I moved here. I am not a fan of all this arctic air! It needs to go away so we can start enjoying our winters in the 60's and 70's again! I know all my friends up north would be in shorts and t-shirts outside right now and they are making fun of me, but I don't care. I admit, I am a wimp in cold weather. I am cold on a normal day, adding coldness outside doesn't help me any. It is so cold there are rolling brownouts all over the city, pipes are freezing, and peoples cars are seizing up. Hopefully, Dawson doesn't seize up. UIL has cancelled all outdoor events (soccer, softball, baseball, track, etc) which never happens. We are expecting winter moisture (may be snow, may be sleet, may be a mixture of things) Thursday night into Friday morning. I just received a text from Dad saying that in EP they have cancelled school for the day (he doesn't know why because there is nothing going on). He says they cancelled school today for no reason, but still made them play a soccer game when it was 22 degrees with 30 mph sustained winds. Ridiculousness, absolute ridiculousness. I don't think we will have to close school here, but if we do I will be very mad. I like my scheduled holidays that other places don't get, like Battle of Flowers Day. If we have to cancel school on Friday we have to make it up on Battle of Flowers. Anyway, it's sooooooooo cold here. It has not been this cold in the 14 yrs I have been in TX. I am not a cold weather person. Before I got married I told Leland that we could not move farther north than ATX. Thankfully he agreed and we will stay in south TX as long as possible and have beautiful winters. Too cold, definitely too cold.

No comments: