Friday, March 11, 2011

Spring Break is Here!

The one week all spring semester I look forward to, SPRING BREAK! And just in time. I know things are only going to be even more crazy when I come back, but right now, the craziness takes a break. I don't know if I have ever been so excited for a spring break before. I was excited a few years ago when I went to South Padre, but not this excited. I guess I am just that ready for a break and some good quality sleeping in and working out time. Will I be staying home for the break? Not at all. I will be going to Utah to visit Leland's family and help out with some things. I am not the most excited for this trip. I do not consider it spring break if there is snow anywhere in sight like there will be on the mountains in Utah. Spring break is sunny, warm, and gorgeous. At least I will get away for a little bit and see some family. It will be weird to not be in Texas for a spring break since I am a Texan, but I will have to get over that.



Speaking of Utah, Leland received a phone call the other day from one of his physics profs at UVU. When we were in Utah over the summer we went and visited UVU and all his professors. While there one of his profs said there was a position open in the physics department. Jokingly, he mentioned if they still had the opening in a year he would apply. Since he said that, I think they may have taken him seriously. The phone call was concerning that position. It is still vacant. Although I never want to leave Texas, if we have to I will. Gratefully, Leland loves Texas and the warmth as much as I do, so it is highly unlikely that we will have to pack up and head to the frozen tundra. I was telling that to a few of my co-workers and they about hyperventilated telling me that I could not go anywhere, I have to stay there, Utah is way too far away. I agree! Wherever the Lord needs us to go, we will go. If that means we pack up and move to another state, we will do that. If it means we stay in Texas we will be more than happy to do so. We shall see what the future holds.



So yesterday I had a workshop training that I had to finish it was cancelled when we were shut down due to the freeze. I get a text message from one of my co-workers at five til seven saying that they were still outside and no one was at the school to unlock the doors. Let me put this in perspective, at 7am I open the student entrance doors to let all the kids into the building, 7:05 am breakfast service starts, 7:15am the front office opens for parents to do any business they need to do, 7:30am 0 period starts for the high school kids. I normally get to the school at 6:30am because I have teachers that arrive a few minutes after that in order to get ready for the day and eat breakfast and take a little time to relax before the craziness starts. It wasn't until 7:10am that another admin showed up and opened all the doors. At least someone was there before 0 period started. I have never received such a warm reception after walking into the building as what I received yesterday. It felt good to have a reception like that. After all the self-doubt I have been going through lately and worry, it helped ease my fears and doubt about how I was doing in my first year as an administrator. Even though I complain a ton about my job and the things I have to deal with, I really do love my job. I enjoy the interaction with the kids, parents and teachers. I am not the biggest fan of the little time I have with Leland because of this job, but I knew what I was getting myself into when I took this job and thankfully I have a husband who understands the rigors and hours of my position. He knows I am not happy about it and sometimes he is frustrated with it as well, but we both understand how important it is right now to do this.



I have taken enough of your time in telling my lame stories. Happy Spring Break!

No comments: