Thursday, April 21, 2011

Another 3-Day Weekend

I am a little glad that Easter came later this year. It has given me two weeks of 3-day weekends. While I love that, it also reminds me that this is the last break I have until May 28. I know I am spoiled since I have summer's off, but when working with kids at this time of the year, you really do deserve it. Plus, I don't just sit around and be lazy, nor do I go on all these wild adventures during the summer. I do all my CEU's and get caught up on all the other things I have been needing to do all year, but have not been able to do it since I have been at work. Those long neglected doctor/dentist appointments, fixing things that have been broken, and packing to move into a new place all have to get finished in the summer. Anyway, I digress.

It is Easter weekend and what a wonderful weekend it is! Today, my mom gets into town and Leland and I will take her to Longhorn Steakhouse for dinner to celebrate her birthday which is tomorrow. And Earth Day is tomorrow too! Leland's aunt and one of his cousins will also be in town to visit his cousin that is stationed at Ft. Sam right now. On top of that his dad may be coming in too. We are going to have one great Easter dinner! I am so excited! Which means, I have to make my bunny cake. I can't believe I almost forgot about that. Hopefully with all of these people I will take some pics, but I don't think that will happen because I always seem to forget to do that, waa waa.

Aside from all the people that will be here and having a blast, the Easter weekend is the greatest celebration of them all outside of Christmas. Easter weekend is the time in which our Savior, Jesus Christ, burst forth from the grave and brought us the opportunity to live with our Heavenly Father again. Without the Atonement, we would not be able to receive our full glory. We would only know justice, no mercy. We would not be able to repent of all our wrongs. We would not have any hope in this world. I am so grateful for the Savior. He truly loves us and died for us all. The greatest gift a friend can give is to lay down his life for another. He really is our greatest friend. I like to think about how blessed the Earth is to have that great event happen here. If you think about all the worlds that have been created and all the planets in our solar system, we were the one's that had the Savior come and fulfill the great plans Heavenly Father had. There are other worlds with other beings that did not get this great blessing. We did. It may not have happened during my lifetime, but it happened and I have been greatly blessed because of it. For those of you who think I am some religious zealot who believes in aliens you have it all wrong. It is amazing the peace and knowledge the gospel brings. The doctrines and principles that are taught are everlasting. If you have ever wondered where you came from, what your purpose on Earth is and what will happen after you die, then visit www.mormon.org to find out more. The only way to know is to find out for yourself. You may not believe everything that is there, but trust me, you know of it's truthfulness after reading some of the content and then experiencing things for yourself.

I didn't mean for this to turn in to what it did, but I am happy it did. It's amazing what you start your post with and what you end it with. Have a Happy Easter !

No comments: