Saturday, April 30, 2011

Race for the Cure

Yep, that's right, another year of Race for the Cure. It was a blast. This year I didn't really know if I was going to run it because of Saturday Detentions, but when I told my principal I would not be able to make it too Saturday Detention that morning on time he told me to get a group from the school together to run/walk it. So I did. I had one student out of the ten that told me they would run with the group actually show up. Many of the teachers were suppose to come as well, but there was a ton of last minute emergencies that had to be attended to. There were a few teachers that showed and it made me feel a little better. Although, there was one teacher that paid the registration fee and bought the team shirt and everything, but stayed to get a picture with the Spurs Coyote, yell out the school's name over the loud speakers and then leave. It was interesting. I wonder why he even showed up. Oh well, he at least came. It was great being able to spend time with the one student that was there. I learned a lot about her. While we were there, we ran into many more kids and families from the school who were with different groups. One of the families had an uncle that dressed as the Pink Panther. It was awesome! They took about an hour and half to walk the 5K because everyone wanted to stop and take a picture with the Panther. My group, of course, had to get a picture with them. It was one of my students so naturally I had to get a picture. All in all, it was a great day. Waking up at 4:30 in the morning, getting downtown for cheap parking by 5:45, not leaving until 10:30, then not not getting home until 1pm was a great. I can't believe I am still awake at this time. I tried to take a nap, but couldn't. Dang, I need one too, but alas, I am sitting at my desk at work trying to figure out a sub schedule this week for all the teachers that are going to be absent. After this I don't want to go home because Leland won't be there since he is out of town reffing a semi-pro football game. I will figure something out though. I sometimes do that. I can be creative, well, when I want to be that is. Or maybe I will go home and call it an early night. We shall see. I have to get back to work. Only four more weeks until summer vacation, whew, it's getting closer.

No comments: