Sunday, March 29, 2009

The Week in Review

This week was a busy week. I don't think I made it home before 9:30 any night this week. Well, Friday I did, but I didn't have the normal work day so that doesn't really even count. I really wonder what am I doing that is productive with my time. I feel as though I am at a stalemate with my time. I get to work by 6:30 in the morning, leave at 5:30 in the evening, then off to an activity, a class, the gym or school thing. It was really weird for me to be out of work by 3pm on Friday and seeing businesses actually open rather than closed on a weekday. I have forgotten what it is like to have a "normal" teachers schedule. Life is busy, but at least it keeps me out of trouble ;0)
At work this week I found out my gym is almost finished. FINALLY! It's only been three years and four different start/completion dates. It should be up and running by the end of April. Here's the great part. I found out I am going to have to do tons of fundraising in order to even get equipment for my gym. I have been told for the past three years that the school system has plenty of money and there is no reason that classrooms should be without what it needs. Then how come every time I request something I am turned down? How come I don't have a budget? How come a school called School of SCIENCE and Technology doesn't have fully equipped science labs. Can you really learn chemistry without ever doing an experiment? Why do the science teachers have to buy their own materials to do labs? Why do I have to go to Academy to buy sports equipment with my own money then wait for a reimbursement? Grrrrrr! I am just frustrated by things that I have no control over. I have given ideas and thoughts on how we can get the community more involved with the school but everything falls on deaf ears. It makes me think that I am of no worth at my school. Whatever! Hopefully this year is the year I can get out and finally get done what I want to do. It's time to start putting in and renewing applications and getting ready for interviews. Good luck to me.
Now that the negatives are out of the way, whew, on to the good things. Dad's season is finally over. This is the first year any of his teams have ever been knocked out in the first round of play-offs, ever. He didn't even expect to make it to play-offs this year and they ended up winning district. He expects that every year and every year he wins district and does great! This year was a long, tough year and it is finally over. Now he can get the rest he needs and not worry about anything but teaching the rest of the semester. Congrats on a great season Dad!
Mom is doing very well. She has had no more problems with her parathyroid. She is well.
So I tried this master cleanse thing this week. Not the real one since the salt water flush made me puke after two sips of it and the smell of the maple syrup made not want to drink or eat anything whatsoever. So I decided that I would do the cleanse but make it my own. Since the maple syrup is really only for caloric intake and flavor I decided that I would substitute that with a powder drink mix. Also, the cayenne pepper in the drink was killing me so I decided to take cayenne pepper tablets instead. Way better with the same benefits. The whole flush thing, yeah right! I started feeling and sleeping better then before. Now the weekend is time off and I noticed I didn't eat near as much as I would normally eat. True it was fast Sunday, but I didn't as much as I would after fasting either. Saturday was a great day. My ward did the annual Relief Society birthday party. It was a very nice lunch and the speaker did a wonderful job. I love those activities, they really help renew my spirit. That night I got a call from the one and only Linda Yangster to go out to San Marcos to the dance and to see our good friend Rebecca. That was a great night! I love going to smaller dances because people there are so much more relaxed and no one really cares what you dance like because everyone is there to have fun. No one was there to show-off for anyone else and it was all about the fun. I had a great time! Thanks for calling me Linda! Of course, Sunday is always the best day of the week. Today was testimony meeting day. It is always a treat to listen to the love of the gospel others have and to know that you are not the only one experiencing what you are experiencing. I also started the Family History class. It says says in my Patriarchal Blessing that I would do the work for my ancestors. This week it has really hit me hard that I need to get that going. It is going to be a huge challenge, but I think this time I am up for the task. Relief Society was great as usual today. The lesson was on President Monson's talk titled "Joy in the Journey". President Monson really knows what I need to hear. Life is not about thinking about only the future. It's about living in the moment whole working towards your goals and what you want to accomplish. You can't forget that life is going on around you all the time. Pay attention and love what you are doing right now. Maybe it's about time I took my own advice.

No comments: