Monday, May 11, 2009

Let the Good Times Roll!

What a week it was! So much stuff happened this pass week and kept me really busy. I apologize if this week's issue is a bit lengthy.
Monday: Don't we all just love Monday? I was suppose to be in my brand new gym this week. Ha ha, didn't happen. I was really hoping that something that came out of my administrator's mouths about this gym would actually happen. Again, epic fail. Monday night's Family Home Evening was a blast! We went to Brighton Gardens Retirement and Assisted Living Center and did an evening of BINGO! with some wonderful ladies. There was one lady that was just hilariously inpatient. This is the first time any of us have ever been there doing what were were doing. One lady, once she got all her BINGO cards and chips, was ready to go. She didn't care about anyone else being ready. All she kept saying was, "young lady, young lady! We need to get started now". I asked if everyone was ready and from her corner came an exasperated, "Yes, finally, let's just get on with it!" So I am calling the numbers and some of the ladies couldn't hear me. Another sweet lady pointed out that there was a podium with a microphone in the corner. I stopped the game to get the podium and I hear, "What's she doing now? Hurry up and let's finish this game." All I could do was chuckle to myself. Good times, good times. About ten minutes into the first game more people started showing up to play. All in all it was a great evening and the residents and staff have asked us to come back.


Tuesday was an, "I'm so tired that I can't do anything else" kind of day. Why was I tired? I don't ever know why I am so tired, but I am. I went home and fell asleep at around 7pm then awoke at about 8pm then went to bed. Good thing I did that because I needed the rest.


Wednesday I went and did laundry. After work. I love Institute and all, but not having it on Wednesday freed up some time for me to do a Saturday chore on another night leaving my Saturday open to do better, more meaningful things which I will discuss later. At work that afternoon I caught a kid trying to steal a box of cereal from the school. He thought he was being super ninja and that I didn't see him. When I caught him I asked him what he was doing. "I didn't take my meds today and I am super hungry." That means he gets to take whatever he wants to take because he didn't take his meds for his ADHD. "I know it's wrong, but I just can't help myself when I don't take my meds and I'm this hungry. I haven't eaten since lunch today." Translation: Don't blame me. It's not my fault I didn't take my meds. I know I shouldn't be doing it, but because I didn't take my meds I am really hungry so you can't blame me for taking the stuff. I have no control over myself even though I know what I am doing is wrong. Dealing with that was quite fun.


Thursday: I am sitting in my office doing work (yes, I was actually doing work not just playing on the computer like I normally do) and my principal stops by. "Ms. Gilmore, when you were in the gym last week showing the students the area, did you see any of them jump through the window of one of the offices? One of the office window frames is broken and there is a shoe print. Are you sure you didn't see anyone jump through the windows?" I go in and check things out then I remember that one of the kids was jumping through a window, but he never placed his feet on the frame (he's a parque runner and that is unheard of in a small space like that) and it wasn't even the window that was damaged. I am royally upset that someone would destroy something this brand spanking new! Who does stuff like that? Seriously!



Friday was quite a day. I had to finish my teaching folder in the morning since I had forgotten a couple of things. That was the east part. The rest of the day was just one big stressor. My classes were acting like dee dee dees. Then I never received important e-mails or calls from people that I really need to hear back from. If someone says they will call with the details then they need to do so. It was also the not a lot of the high school kids went to the dance. probably because all the middle school kids were there too. The high school kids are getting tired of the middle school kids. That's one of the problems of being in such a small school. High schoolers don't have the spirit and excitement about anything the middle schoolers are a art of. Why can't it be just high schoolers at the dance? Thankfully, there was no drama at the dance. The younger middle schoolers behaved themselves and seemed to have a good time. I just had a problem with the energy level and the music. The entire dance, except for about 30 minutes, was hip-hop music. The kids were iffy about the music but they danced anyway. The eighth graders danced like they were in the club. I had so many people roll their eyes at me. It was fun telling them to separate. The looks were priceless and I will never forget them. The eye rolls are fabulous! You know you are an adult when teenagers begin rolling eyes at you. After the dance I went to the airport to pick up my mom for her Mother's Day Excursion.

Saturday wasn't really an excursion but it was a relaxing day. I flew my mom from the EP for the weekend, well day really. We spent the day shopping and gorging ourselves on delicious food. Mom really wanted to go shopping at NorthStar Mall so we went there first thing in the morning and spent most of it in Macy's. Macy's has really great sales. I'm a fan now. Mom didn't find what she was looking for, but I found a really cute denim dress that actually looks good on me. I am usually a skirt and shirt type of gal, but this dress was too cute to pass up. I thought it was going to be $40 but as it turns out, it was 1/2 off. There were some other really cute clothes as well, but they weren't on sale so it was a no go. Then it was off to the other stores to try to find something else for Mom, but again no luck. Then it was shoe shopping for me to find a pair of really cute and eclectic shoes for me. We went to Journey's since they have the best eclectic, eccentric shoes I have ever seen. I found two pairs that are were abfab. I mean, I could not have gone on a better day to find these shoes. I am all about the outrageous shoe. you can have all the plain and sophisticated clothing you want, but your shoes, they have to make a statement. Boy do these shoes make a statement! I love them! I don;t have the pics downloaded yet, but they are coming, I promise. After the shopping was finished and Mom was unsuccessful in her search for the perfect shirt, we left for lunch at India Palace. If I ever have to move from the SA I will have to have India Palace shipped to me. It is the best, and I mean THE BEST, Indian food I have ever had, and I have been to many Indian food restaurants. Nothing compares to India Palace. After lunch it was more shopping! Mom finally found the perfect shirt. The shirt looks really nice on her and can be dressed up or dressed down and looks amazing on her. After that we went home and created a Wii Mii for Mom and let her play on it for a little bit. Then it was power naps during a Glenn Beck review of the week. Then off to Cow Catcher's. I have once blogged about that place once before, but I am showing my lack of technological knowledge by not knowing how to form a link to it. The sad thing, after driving all the way out there, the place was closed. Sadness! We ended up going to Salt Grass and had a fabulous dinner. It was the fattiest dinner that I have had in a long time and boy do I feel it, but it was sooo delicious. It was back home for bed.

Sunday we ate a sushi brunch then I took Mom to the airport so she could go back to the EP. I went to church and did my thing then went to a friend's dinner party for her birthday. Listened to some boys play guitar then headed home for the end of a very, very long week.

It is now Monday and looks like another long week is ahead of me. I will survive!

1 comment:

Gladiz said...

Sounds like you had an awesome time with your mom! Hang in their with those kids...you are doing an awesome job....and the best part is that it's almost summer time!