Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Some Thoughts

This whole Nancy Pelosi thing is hilarious to me. The Speaker of the House of Represetatives and third from the Presidency is just an astounding, well, idiot. Sorry, I am not creative enough to come up with another word, but she is an idiot. What person would go on national (and even international) TV and tell the world that she had no idea waterboarding was being used and records show that she was at those briefings? I mean, either you did what a lot of people did in college and had someone sign in for you to or you had no idea what was going on and didnt ask the questions you needed to in order to understand the operation fully. Then on top of that she goes on the record in another press conference saying that the CIA, Central Intelligence Agency, the people that are a part of the whol system that keeps us safe at night while we sleep is lying! Okay, let's think about this Ms. Pelosi. The people who have made sure you still have the freedoms you have and can hold the position you do are lying? This is aming for a really good sitcom right now. You can tell in the press conference that she was lying. It doesn't take a genius to read the tell tale signs of liars. The fact that she had to use the notes and couldn't find her statement about the whole thing is one sign. The next sign, walking around like she had no idea where she was, the shocked look on her face, the inabiliy to field questions satisfactorily(is that even a word?). Who couldn't tell she was making it up as she goes? Funny stuff, funny, funny stuff. Now people in her own party are distancing themsleves from her, a little. I don't think she should be the Speaker of the House if this is how she is going act. You have to be honest in the face of the American people or they are going to have a field day when the next election comes around. I think Pelosi should man-up to what she has said and either a) prove that the CIA is lying or 2) step down as Speaker. If she is not going to relinquish her spot in the House then she should at least relinquish her position as Speaker. Anyone else agree?



Some things have happened recently that have really added some stress to my life. The first thing is not knowing where I will be working next year. Application after application going in and letter after letter going out and there is nothing for me. On top of that I have to wait another two weeks before I know if I will be hired back next year where I am. This whole not knowing what's going on with my job and essentially, my life, just deosn't sit well with me. Then I find out this weekend that my great-grandma Aurea is really in the latest stages of Alzheimers and has refused to eat, drink or do anything else is really causing some stress. I know if she does die that it is really the best for her. She hasn't known who her family is for years now and I am sure she has been in tons of pain and been sick so many times going through numerous treatments that it would be better for her. I can see her walking into the open arms of a loving Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ with a smile on her face saying, "I have done what you sent me to do and I am now home. now let's work on that whole baptism thing." With her personality I could see her taking one of the angels and sitting them down and telling them, "Now teach me, I want to know more and I want my family to be eternal". It would be a sight to behold. I hope she can hold on until I have some free time so I can actually be there for the funeral. You know the second week of June or third week of July would be perfect for me, but we all know Aurea Riviello has and always will do her own thing.

I alos found out this weekend that my great-uncle Del had a heart attack. This is the second one in less than a year for him. I don't know how much longer he has either. Poor Aunt Edna, if grandma and Del left this world she would be a wreck. She lives her life for those two people. I have never seen someone so dedicated to family. Thankfully, my grandma and grandpa Gilmore are in TB right now helping take care of everything. Maybe this is the perfect time to get Del and Edna to move to SC with them. It would make thing alot easier for all of them. We'll see how things go.

A new worry deals with Family Home Evening. The Alamo ward is now spliting and I don't kow what's going to happen with FHE. Will we have combined ward FHE's or will the wards be seperated? What's the budget going to look like? Hoow many people are actually going to be there considering the ones that go now are mostly from the East. Will I even be the FHE coordinator anymore? I really need some answers and less vagueness to really be comfotable with all of this. Things always work out for the best, right?

I just needed an outlet right now and this just happened to be the place. Things are just heavy on my mind and not knowing what is going does not sit well with me. I sure hope things fall into place quickly.

2 comments:

5 Walls and Counting said...

First off, yes, Nancy Pelosi is an idiot, I think that is the perfect word to describe her.
Second, it sounds like this is a really tough time for you and your family right now. As far as your great grandma and your great uncle it sounds like your perspective is right where it should be but that doesn't make it any easier. As for your ward and your calling I hate not knowing what's going to happen so I feel your pain there too. Finally, with your job that just SOUNDS stressful, but if I know one thing about Katie Gilmore it's that she is as tough as nails and as smart as a whip. (Where did that saying come from anyway?) In short it'll all work out but just know you are in my prayers.

Jalula said...

Agreeing with you and 3 Walls, tell the truth or step down! Also, I'm curious about all the ward splitting stuff too...what will happen, will we keep our callings or re-arrange, where will we meet, etc.? I guess we'll have to wait until next Sunday to find out.