Monday, May 9, 2011

Buh-Bye Lakers

The LA Lakers were swept by the Mavs yesterday. The Mavs! Really LA!? The Mavs, really!? And the way you went out? Classless, totally classless. I know it was only a couple of people, but a couple of people represent the whole team. I really hope David Stern steps up to the plate and suspends those players for their blatant attempts to hurt an opposing player. They should be suspended for at least the first 50-60 games of the next season. If there is a lockout of any kind next year then whenever the NBA regular season starts, those players should be suspended. On top of that, they should be fined at least $50,000. You may say I am being too harsh, but c'mon. These players are role models whether they want to be or not. They placed themselves in the soptlight. If they are not served with the most serious of consequences for their actions, then middle school, high school and college players will start doing what the pros do. Kids will alway mimic what their role models do. You may make a rebuttal that pros should not be role models, and I agree, but you have to look at reality. Realistically speaking, not many kids want to be like their moms or dads when they are barely getting by living from paycheck to paycheck. Heck, I didn't want to be what my mom and dad were because I thought we were poor. I wanted to be the first professional female soccer player to play for a men's team oversea's where they get paid millions of dollars, but reality struck when I got older. Now I have followed somewhat in my father's footsteps. Kids want the lavish lifestyle they see on tv and in the mags. They want to buy the fastest cars, the biggest houses, all the latest releases of everything and the best boats. How are they going to do that on the salary of a teacher or a janitor or a farmer. They aren't, so they look to the professional athletes and models and actors/actresses. They mimic their bad behaviors and think it's okay. "Those Lakers players didn't have any consequences when they played in that one game that one time so why am I getting punished for the same thing?" That is the mindset of impressionable minds. Lakers, you are ridiculous. One the plus side, Phil Jackson is retiring. I liked him when he was with the Chicago Bulls back in the day of Michael Jordan, Scottie Pippen, and Steve Kerr, but he went to LA and became a sell-out. Buh-Bye to your championship dreams Lakers, buh-bye.

No comments: