Friday, May 20, 2011

Eight Grade Graduation

DONE and DONE! That is a huge load off my shoulders, whew! It was a nice evening if you are talking to one of the parents. To me, it was a little disastrous, but that's only because I know of all the mistakes and problems we had. If I did not have the help of some of the teachers there, it would have been a complete nightmare. Thankfully, I work with a group of dedicated teachers who are always willing to help at the drop of a hat. I think, after all the complaints and remarks about having to go to an 8th grade graduation, all the kiddos had fun. I saw some smiles on some kids that were doing the most complaining. Clark gave a great little speech, I was a little choked up, but I can control my emotions and get over it quickly. I know in a couple of years if I am still at this school, I know I will not be able to control my emotions. In 2013 my first class of sixth graders from my first year of high school will be graduating. It's been fun and a interesting watching them and guiding them through their teenage years. If my kids turn out like most of those kiddos, I will be one proud parent. Back to grad. I was amazed as to how many people attended. I had the kiddos set-up about 200 chairs for 72 (actually less since about 15 kids did not attend) graduates. We had to add about another 50 chairs to the set-up. Kids were bringing their mom, dad, gma, gpa, aunt, uncle, aaaaalllll the cousins, and their neighbors to an 8th grade graduation. It's almost as if they were graduating high school or college. I understand that for some families this is the highest level of schooling to be completed by a member of the family so it's a pretty big deal. I thought I had bought enough food with two full sheet cakes, two very large veggie relish trays, two very large fresh fruit trays, and a donation of six dozen cookies. By the time I got to the food, there was nothing, literally nothing, but a couple of carrot sticks and a few pieces of broccoli left. At least, I got some icing scraps, so that made me happy. As long as the guests had a good time and liked, that's all that matter. Only five days left and no more kiddos at work. It's going by way, way too slow.

Time to call some parents and work out some deals so kiddos don't get expelled. Have a great one!

A real quick shout out to my friend, Rebecca: Congratulations on your recent engagement! You are heading into one wild, exciting, tiring, full of joy experience. Have fun with it all, don't stress over the little things, and remember what you are preparing for. It makes all the difference.

Oh, and one more thing: The job in Utah is no longer an option. The position was filled, yeah! No Utah and 6 months of winter for me! Prayers are answered, no matter who is sending them. Also, Heavenly Father knows that I would not be happy in the frozen north during the winter. This means we are back to the drawing board and everything is really uncertain, but at east it's not Utah (so far).

No comments: