Wednesday, November 26, 2008

It's Going to be Okay

Have you ever felt that everything is going to be okay? I mean the all-of-sudden, slap-in-the-face, overwhelming feeling that all is right with the world? I was on my way home and had just left Ft. Stockton, TX when I had this clarity of mind and reassurance that what I was doing with my life was right. I had this feeling that the Lord has been mindful of me and my needs. He really does know each of his children and is aware of their needs. It's been a long time since I have felt like this, but it's these rare times that make me really feel and know how much my Heavenly Father loves me. I have no anxiety about the huge purchase I am about to make later today. Usually I would be freaking out about spending $10 on something let alone the amount of money I am about to spend, but not today. I am very relaxed and chilled. It's strange for me to feel this way. I am one of those people that is always on edge. I know what your thinking, "What? Not you, you seem so put together." I have had many years of training myself to not show inward emotions and anxieties on the outside. I don't wear my heart on my sleeve, and never will. I am a tough nut to crack. I am always on edge. I worry about everything that is going on. If someone is having a party, outing, gathering or has planned any type of event I tend to take on the fears, worries and anxieties of that person. Maybe I'm a nut case or maybe I want everything to go great for the person in charge, or.............. let's just go back to the nut case theory. Anyway, I am confident in what I am doing and I know the Lord loves me and is aware of what I am needing and when I need it. It has taken me a very long time to understand that things don't happen in my time, but in the Lord's time. Sometimes I just wish His time was my time, then I would feel more comfortable all the time. Maybe this is the the Lord's way of teaching me, or maybe......nope, it's the Lord's way.

4 comments:

Chrissy said...

I'm excited to see your new car!

Yangster said...

are you talking about ur new car???? I can't wait to see it. Have a good thanksgiving and have fun driving back home.

Rebex said...

I'm glad you're so content with your life right now. Doesn't it feel great?! :)

Rebex said...

I'm so glad you're feeling content with your life right now. Doesn't it feel great?! :)