Saturday, November 15, 2008

Saturdays are Great!



Today was alot of fun. Compared to last Saturday today was a breeze. Last week I took my Principal Certification exam. I hope I passed so I don't have to take it again. The stress is a killer and all I wanted to do was sleep afterwards. Moving on. Last night I was asked to tryout for the new women's semi-pro soccer team. If I can get into good enough shape and build up my reflexes and ups again I am going to do it. The tryouts are three months away so we will see what happens. Today I went running at the gym. I started with a mile and half and felt so amazing! I then did some sprint work for about twenty minutes and didn't die, so I feel as though things are getting better. Then I went home and took a nap. I wish everyday had a nap time. Things would seem so much less stressful if there was a mandatory nap time. Then I went to Cow Catchers Steakhouse for dinner.
Cow Catchers is so cool. They have three longhorns and two calves that are so adorable. I went with Melinda, Shelly and Kim. We all fed the moo-moos (as I called them when I was younger) and talked to "cookie" the biscuit maker. "Cookie" has a wagon set-up at the entrance with a little fire and a spot for dutch-oven cooking where the delicious biscuits are made. "Cookie"'s actual job is working in the Air Force. She just does this gig for fun. It's such a Texas thing when you can play with the cows and longhorns then go eat a nice juicy steak. I was a little surprised when I looked at the menu and saw so little choices. Why was I surprised? I don't know. I know I shouldn't have been surprised since it is a steakhouse. It is really expensive, but I think I have enough food to last me for another meal or two. The food is AMAZING! The steaks are huge and soooooo juicy. I am not a big steak, or even red-meat eater, but this stuff is so good it would make a vegetarian go back to meat. I have never had a steak, that I can remember, that was so good. There is also live music on Friday and Saturday nights. The great thing is that the music isn't so loud that you can't have a conversation with someone sitting across from you. It was a very enjoyable evening. I love the atmosphere and the food is rockin'! Next time, I'll go during the day when I can see everything. (Pictures coming soon)=0)





1 comment:

Chrissy said...

I'm excited for your soccer tryouts! And i'm sad i missed the ladies night out... sounds like you guys had a nice time!