Sunday, November 30, 2008

YAY, NEW CAR!




I love my new car! The little Honda Civic Hybric. It's a major step down from the Grand Prix's I have been driving the past eight years, but that's okay. I now have my own car payments. I love it, I finally feel like a real adult! It's sad that I actually like paying bills, but it makes me feel more like an independent person. I don't have to depend upon my family for help financially. It feels good to be an adult. So back to my car.


It is a 2009 Honda Civic Hybrid. I am not a big huge Green Peace environmentalist. I just want to spend less on gas and get more for my money. So far the car got 40 mpg on the highway. Of course, between EP and SA the road is nothing but hills and valleys at 80mph. Getting 40 mpg's is pretty darn good. In the city, I should be getting 40-45 mpg's. We'll see how all that goes this week for the first real test of the car in SA. The car basically runs off a gas engine that is only 90 horsepower. The electric battery steps in when going uphill or trying to gain speed after stopping. The coolest thing is that the car will actually shut down at a stop or when stopping so as to not idle and continue to waste precious petro. The car is just so much fun. I can't really put into words how much I love it! So pictures will have to work.

3 comments:

Chrissy said...

oooooo! So fun! I was wondering if you were a Green Gal or what, but I definitely understand wanting to save money. Don't we all. :)

Yangster said...

how sweet! I need to get a ride and see how that baby works. Congrats, i know how it feels to get ur first real car by urself. it looks good and i like hybrids. I huge on saving on gas.

Rebex said...

Love the new car! Congrats!