Saturday, November 22, 2008

True Beauty

It is officially fall in San Antonio. Well, almost winter-like. I love cold, cloudy days at home. Today isn't really all that cold, but it looks cold outside. I love those days when it looks cold then when I go outside I feel something totally different. It's a great surprise. I spent the day making different kinds of brownies and wathcing a marathon of America's Next Top Model. I don't really care about anything but the trasnformations seen in the photos. It also is very honest and it shows what the girls really look like and how they are touched-up and made-up to look they way they do in magazines and on billboards. I don't like that everyone thinks they have to be a perfected person, or at least look that way. I guess you could say my motto in life is, "If you don't like me the way I am then you are not worth my time or energy". There are so many girls (and guys) that have the "Barbie Syndrome". The girls have it in that they want to look perfect, like a Barbie doll. Barbie always had the perfect make-up, "skin", body, hair, fashion, etc. The boys have it in that all they want in the girl is perfection. They want worldly beauty and what the world says women should look like. It's quite sad if you think about it. I believe if you don't like someone for who they really are then you are the one that needs help. I wish people could get past the make-up and fakeness. Yes, I wear make-up every now and then, but I do things without it. Believe it or not, I go out in public without make-up *gasp*! If someone doesn't like me the way I am then oh, well, I don't care. I am who I am, nothing is going to change that. I have been this way since the pre-exsistence get use to it sucka! It has taken me a long time to love who I am. It took me over twenty years to learn to love my red hair. For the longest time I wanted to be a blonde. I always thought blonde hair was so pretty and that it would help me blend in. I hated standing out anywhere I went because of my hair. Now, I don't want to change my hair color. The sun may change it, but that's natural. I am all about the natural hi-lites. A girl once told me that she wanted to dye my hair because she thought it didn't match my eyebrows. Whatever. If you don't like what you see, turn around. Stop trying to change everyone because you think that person would look better. I have a feeling that person is not truly happy with herself and doesn't know how to accept who she really is so she tries to change everyone else around her. Once you grasp who you really are and learn to love how you have been made and understand your genetics, you will be truly happy. Those who are always having to put on a show and are afraid of what they really look like are the ones who are most unhappy. I would love to see more young women show off their natural beauty. It would really be very refreshing. Rebel against what the world wants, Rebel! I have come to accept that I will never be a model. I will never grace the cover of a magazine. I will never wear the fashions from Italy, France or even New York. I will be beautiful in my own way. I will be happy with what I see in the mirror. I will be grateful for the other talents the Lord has given me. I will be the best I can be. I will be loved for who I am, not what the world wants me to be. I will be Katie G.

2 comments:

Yangster said...

preach it sister. You are amazing just the way you are and I love it.

Kayla said...

katie girl, you have just answered one of my most pressing questions! thank you! and you are amazing...don't ever change because then i will have to change you back...i love you just the way you are girl!