Saturday, November 1, 2008

November Begins

Only three more weeks until Thanksgiving break, yay! I love the holiday season. It gives me so much hope and I feel so much love. Today I was able to be a part of something that really has started my holiday season with a bang. I was able to run in the Inaugural Raul Jimenez Feast of the Heart 5K Run/Walk. All the proceeds go to help feed somewhere in the ballpark of 25,000 people in San Antonio on Thanksgiving Day. I felt great running it. I met up with some great friends who informed me of the run and had a wonderful time. I was talking to a few of my students and they asked me if I was going to go to a festival in Houston that a bunch of other teachers and students were going to this weekend. I told them I was going to run in this thing. As I was talking to them I was telling them that I was going to pay to run in it. "You are paying to run? You mean you don't get anything out of it? You're crazy! I would never do that." It is all about where the proceeds go. When I explained further that the money went to help give people a great Thanksgiving that they would not have otherwise, they were more understanding. It is great to be an example to those around me. Uh-oh, I just remembered it was G's bridal shower today. I feel so bad I missed it, especially since I RSVP'd that I would be there. Monday will be full of apologies and buying alot of food at the bake sale to make up for it.
I have also learned how to make homemade apple pie. So I made one today for "break the fast" tomorrow. I just hope it tastes okay. Wow, there is a little white cat in my apartment. It must have come in through my window and I am just now noticing. Sorry, ADD moment. The pie looks delicious but I won't know if it tastes delicious until tomorrow evening. The anticipation is building, just kidding. No anticipation necessary.
Whew, I am starting to feel really tired. I think I need a nap.

1 comment:

Chrissy said...

Yes. Apple Pie tomorrow. Thank You. :)