Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Caution

This situation really makes me angry. I was talking with one of my co-workers today. Yesterday she was in a car accident. The car was totalled, but the people are all okay, thankfully. Here is the kicker in her day. Her 85 yr old mother who lives in Mexico was robbed and raped. What kind of person would rob and sexually assault an old woman? The thing that made my blood really boil was that the man then told his victim that everything was going to be okay and everything was fine. What kind of, uggggghhhhh, it just makes me so angry! Seriously, preying on the elderly? Sick, psychotic people. I mean c'mon. It angers me so much I can't even think of the words to describe it. I wonder if this guy had been watching that house and waited until he knew there was no one else there or if he just happened to stop by at the right moment. The woman wasn't going to open the door for this guy but he used a story that he was hungry and needed food. She tells the guy she doesn't have anything then tells herself that she can't let someone go hungry so she opens the door a little then he forced the door open the rest of the way. It's a sick, sick person that would do something like that. He needs some help and some jail time. Too bad it wasn't here in the states where real justice could be served. I don't think that guy will ever be found. My poor co-worker can't even go to help her family. Thankfully other family lives there that can help but my co-worker is really hurting that she can't be there. I wish I could do something to help her out more.
This serves as a little warning: Never open your door to strangers especially if you are alone.

3 comments:

Yangster said...

that is such a horrible thing. Sorry to hear. I hope things get better and they find peace and justice.

Kayla said...

Sometimes it's not always someone you don't know...it could be someone you have met before and you open the door and that happens...something which sadly I have experienced myself. So...I think it's important to listen to the Holy Ghost in situations like that. But you're right, it's sick and you can never understand how someone can do that to anyone in this world. How sad...

Rebex said...

That's terrible!!! :(