Tuesday, February 24, 2009

I Triple Dog Dare You

I have started this new thing recently that I will start my day positively. I try to not think about negative things in morning when I awake and I try to stay as positive as I can when I am at work. So far, it's working. When I start the day with positivity the rest of my day seems to go a little more smoothly than it probably would go. There have been days in which I just can't handle the kiddos. They come into my classroom (the gymateria as it is affectionately called) and think they can do whatever they please. It doesn't matter how many times I go over the procedures with them, they just don't seem to get it. They run around like crazies, they yell, they shout, they just go completly bonkers! It's tiring to have to do that everyday. Since I have started out on a good note, these days seem a little better. I even have more energy in the afternoons for my after school kiddos too. It's made a total difference in my day. Just one little thing everyday that doesn't seem to make a difference really does. While I have this great feeling all day I still have my problems, but they are easier to handle. Financial decisions, especially with all the medical bills I am having to pay right now, are easier to make. Dealing with people is a better experience. I have a greater outlook on life. It's only been a couple of weeks, I know, but that couple of weeks makes me want to do this longer. All this reminds me of early morning seminary when I was in high school. Most teenagers don't get up at 5am or 530am unless it is picture day and everything has to be just right. I awoke every morning at that time, even after staying awake until after 1am or 2am doing homework after a road game, and went to a class about scriptures. How many people do you know, if you are not LDS, would do that? Those were the best days of young life then. I always noticed a difference in my day when I wasn't able to go to seminary. Those days would seem to drag on for - e - ver! But the other days were great! I challenge anyone who reads this no matter your situation, the obstacles, the trials, the sadness, to start your day on a good note. You may have to figure out what brings you happiness in the morning, but just try it for a week or two and see how things go. There is so much to be grateful for how could you not be positive in the morning? Go ahead try it, I triple dog dare you!

2 comments:

Trin said...

Seriously love you katie!!! thanks for sharing! :) i need to chat with ya at institute wednesday, its been foreva- too long! :) hope you have a great couple of days till then! love you!!!

:)

Yangster said...

Ok done. I'll start... and by saying that I'm glad you're my friends. :)