Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Power of Positivity

I did it! I maileed in all my stuff for that AP opening. I know I am not going to get it, but at least I took the first step in trying. It's an accomplishment of sorts. Not a big one, but an accomplishment. Hopefully some good will come from this. Even if it's not an Ap job, a teaching position will be nice.
Tonight is Institute and I didn't do my homework. That's what the time between 6pm and 7pm are for. Reminds me of my college days doing the homework five mionutes before class starts because I was too tired to do it the days before the class actually met. Those were the days. I am so excited for this class I am taking. I don't think I have ever been this excited for an Institute class. I have always loved Tute and the classes are always great, but this class has something about it that makes me want to remember all the info. Maybe because it has to deal with the Second Coming of Christ and I love learning about that because it gives me great hope. I don't know, but I love it and can't wait for Institute tonight. The past three classes that I have attended have been great classes. There is always so much to learn. Maybe if I had actually stayed awake all those years during seminary this wouldn't be as interesting. I just wasn't ready for the information at that time in my life and now I am ready for it. I just want what I learn to stick with me this time. I try hard to gain the knowledge, but I can never remember anything. It's so frustrating. Someday it will all come back to me. It will just take a few, oh I don't know, decades before I remember it all, but it will come back to me.
I am looking forward to the day ahead. I have made it my goal to start everyday on a positive note. When I am negative in the morning I tend to be negative all day. So I am trying not to listen to bad news stories or depressing music or anything like that in the mornings. I want my days to be good and I want the energy to last. If I am thinking and being positive, then everything will be okay. If I am positive then my kiddos will have a better day and they will be positive too. Por ejemplo, yesterday morning before school began I heard a student swear at another student. The other kids were laughing a bit, but this one kid was really upset and mad. I pulled him aside and asked him what was going on. he said his day started off really bad because he woke up late, then someone kicked him in the cafeteria before school, them someone else did something else and that led up to the kid swearing at another student. He let all these external factors influence him so greatly that he felt he had no choice but to have a bad day. After talking to him I challenged him to start his day over and have a better day by not letting those outside factors influence him. At the end of the day as he was leaving school I asked him how his day was. He told me it was much better and had a good day. That's when I started thinking to myself that I can't let all these outside factors influence my day. Then last night on the news there was a little story about how positivity has been researched and proven to be contagious. I believe it. There have been many times when I wasn't excited about going somewhere or doing something and one person came in like a firecracker ready to explode and changed the whole dynamic. Positivity is contagious my friends, let us all catch it. Let's start the day on the positive side and make the best of every situation no matter how trying it may be. Look for the good and great things will come. have a wonderfully fantastic day!

1 comment:

Kayla said...

So I love this blog and the message you put in it about being positive, but I have to comment on the institute stuff...so much for studying between 6 and 7 huh? We were having way too much fun looking at my slideshow!!! :-)