Sunday, February 8, 2009

Good Things

This past week my dad had surgery to find out how bad his skin cancer is. Everything is fine. The cancer hadn't spread too far. Now all he has to worry about is another hole in his head, until it heals anyway. I am grateful he is going to be okay. The next surge he has will be an easy one, cataract surge. Then this summer back surge. It must be a year of surgeries for my family. My mom will also have to have a surgery this year. She had a surgery a couple of years ago to get rid of a part of her parathyroid that was giving her problems. She was doing great until a few months ago when all her symptoms from before the first surge started coming back. After going to the doc she found out that, strangly, her parathyroid had grown back. How weird is that?! I didn't know your parathyroid could grow back. Interesting. She will also have a surge this year. Hopefully she can get it done when I have Spring Break so I can go and take care of her like she took care of me when I was down. Hopefully my bro doesn't have to have any surges because he doesn't have any insurance. We'll have to wait and see what happens.
I really don't know why I logged on tonight. I guess I had a little to talk about but now I am out of stuff, oh wait! So it's February, time to start looking for another job. I would still love to be able to teach and coach soccer, but my options are a little limited at this time. My next option is to start looking for assistant principal positions. There is one open at an elementary school that is way closer to my home than where I work now. I know I probably will not get the job but there is no harm in trying is there? I am a little wary about applying. Could I really be a principal when I am under 30 yrs old? Did my program give me the tools needed to be an adminstrator? Can I handle the pressure, the students, the parents? I don't know. Do I hold out and try to find a coaching position or do I move into the admin field? There are so many questions I need answered. They can only be answered if I try for the position. If I do get hired then more questions can be answered. All I need to do is hunker down and fill out the application. Hopefully all goes well.

No comments: