Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Dawson is Missing :(

I am so happy Monday was such a good day because Tuesday totally hoovered. First, I didn't even want to wake up. Then work was really stressful with having to get FitnessGRAM stuff done and finding out that the results from last semester for the high school kids went missing (luckily I found two classes results but the other class I have to re-test everything) and having to get everything done with the soccer team stuff, Wednesday Folder announcements, etc. Here is what made the day totally hoover. I was at the gym working out. I arrived at about 7:15, 7:20pm. I was actually having a great workout and feeling really good. At about 8:30 I finished and went to get my stuff from the locker and leave. My locker looked a little funny and the strap to my bag was hanging out. I opened the locker and all the stuff inside my bag was missing. My purse, wallet, car keys, cell phone, and Oakley's, all gone! I ran to the front desk told them what happened, looked outside, and my car was gone! Dawson, was gone! I felt so stupid! I never take in all my stuff to the gym. I had gone to Hobby Lobby to get some things for my soccer kid's uniforms to get numbers and everything placed on them and had just thrown all my stuff into my backpack and walked into the gym. As I was talking to the manager she told me that three other people had been ripped off as well. The others had their car keys stolen, but their cars were still in the parking lot. My car, on the hand, was gone. She also said that she went into the locker room at about 7:50 and saw that all the lockers on one side of the locker room were open. So the entire thing happened within a 30 minute window. I am so ticked at myself for being so stupid with my things. I have filed a police report, cancelled my bank account and any credit cards, contacted insurance, had my locks changed and replaced and am waiting for more phone calls. The start of 2010 has been tough. First the mono and my cell phone being stolen and now all this. Like what Elder Bednar said, "Happiness is not the lack of trials in our lives, it is the trials that make us happy." I guess the bigger the trials the more joy there can be. If you are in the SA area and happen to see poor Dawson, please let me know. I sure miss him.

1 comment:

Kayla said...

katie what is your license plate number??? that way if i see it, i can call it in! hope the police find everything soon!