Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Sad, Yet Comforting

Yesterday morning I get to work, open up my emails and see the subject line of one that just read "GRANDMA" I had one of those earlier in the weekend and it was about Great Grandma Aurea and her being placed into hospice care. No big deal. As I was checking the boxes for deletions I accidentally checked that "GRANDMA" message. A little later I was looking at my e-mails and thought I remembered seeing something that was about great-grandma so I checked the trash box and opened the message. The message stated that Great Grandma Aurea had died at 1:30am in her sleep. That is not the message I wanted to receive five minutes before the busiest day of the week started. Good thing I was so busy because I didn't have time for a breakdown, until later in the night. I purposefully kept myself busy all day so I wouldn't have to think about it. What do you do when you can't think of anything else to keep you busy? You play Wii Fit Plus of course. That didn't do much good because I was getting mad at the game and yelling at it. Yes, me, I was yelling at a stupid game. Sometimes, you just gotta let it out. It wasn't until Leland got home from football practice and he asked me how my day was that I totally broke down. The tears came gushing. Then it was a little better. I am grateful to have a husband that can remind me of the wonderfulness of the gospel (yes I just made up "wonderfulness"). Knowing that I will be with her again and get to know what she was like when she was younger and what she had always wanted for her family really comforted me. I know she is being embraced by a loving Heavenly Father, and probably giving him a hard time about some things ;) I know she is happy and someday, we will be an eternal family. Now to get the rest of the family in on this whole eternal family thing, hmmmmm. The comfort given to me lat night has made thins better today. I love my Great-Grandma Aurea and she has taught me many things, but that's for another post at another time.

3 comments:

Chrissy said...

I never even imagined what it would be like to talk to our grandparents in 'their perfect form'. Of course that would be amazing! What a lovely thing to look forward too... she's just waiting for you now, Katie... :-)

Rebex said...

I'm so sorry for your loss, Katie. :(

Gladiz said...

Sorry to read about your Gread Grandmother. I'm glad she knew the gospel and lived it.