Monday, March 8, 2010

Small Victories

The best deals ever some when you are not even looking for them. This weekend I decided that I needed to do a little shopping for the bedroom. We needed a couple more sheet sets so that when one set is being washed another set can be placed back on the bed. I decided that I would go to Anna's Linens. Can we say sheer awesomeness at the sale that was going on when I got there? I found two queen sheet sets for only twenty bucks each! The best part, they were the exact colors I was looking for and they were the last of the bunch. Triumph? I think yes. I also got two more much needed pillows for the bed as well. The whole cost of everything? Fifty smackers! Can you believe that? Where else can you get two six-piece bedding sets and two pillows for only fifty bucks? I was ecstatic at the deal. I am so happy with how everything looks as well. Victory!

I also knew that Ross was doing their big dress event. I decided that I would go and check things out. I love Ross, but I can never, and I mean never, find anything that works for me or looks good on me at Ross so I decided I would just go and look at things. I found something like eleven dresses that were absolutely adorable and that I actually liked. So I found eleven, but only four actually looked good on me. By time I hit the counter I had three. One of the dresses I have to make a slight alteration to the neck line then it will be perfect. I was so excited that I actually found something at Ross that fit and looked good. On top of that I went down a dress size! Another victory? Of course! Three dresses for thirty-six bucks! I love sales!

All in all, a successful shopping experience and weekend. The apartment was cleaned to my liking, laundry done, shopping success, and relaxation. What more can I ask for? Oh yeah, Spring Break. Four more days and a week of ahhhhhhhh. Have a wonderful week!

1 comment:

Chrissy said...

Oh my goodness we need another pair of sheets for the same reason... I wish I knew about this sale!!