Monday, March 22, 2010

Fun and Games

This past week was Spring Break, and it was awesome! This has got to be the best spring break I have had in a long time. I have had fun spring breaks and breaks helping out family and stuff, but this break was more relaxing than anything else. Everything started Saturday night when Leland and I headed downtown for a night of Luminaria. I had never been but had heard so many great things about it and really wanted to go. It was a great experience. I just wish I had had my camera with me so I could take more blurry pictures of the lights and stuff. The whole thing took place downtown around the La Villita, Hemisfair Park area. There were lasers projecting things onto walls, live music, jazz poetry readings (reminded me of So I Married and Axe Murderer), glass blowing demonstrations, artists on the streets doing their whole art thing and exhibits all over the place. The best part about it, it was free and the fountains were flowing at Hemisfair! It was a very relaxed evening. After we finished with Luminaria we went to eat at Mi Tierra. I love that place. To be honest, I was a little scared walking through downtown so late at night, but because of Luminaria the streets were crazy crowded. The rest of the week was fabulous.
As of Monday, March 15, I am no longer Katie Gilmore, but Katie Page. Yep it's finally official, the name has changed. We got U-Verse so tv viewing is way more interesting, especially in HD. We also went out to Gruene and the outlets at San Marcos. I was proud of myself, I didn't buy a thing. That is so rare for me, but I restrained myself. It also helped that the Nike outlet was closed for remodeling. We really did a lot of stuff this past week. Even though we were busy and out and about this whole week it was really relaxing. It was just what I needed to get away from the pressures at work and prepare for the last nine weeks of school. I also learned that there is one sport, so far, that Leland can beat me at. . . bowling. So far, every game we have played, I have won. It was fun losing. I never say that, but finally, I lost and I am not bitter about it either. Probably because I know how horrible I am at bowling. Sometimes I wish spring break could last longer, but I am happy to be back at work stress and all, even if I do have to work on my birthday (which hasn't happened since I was in seventh grade).

No comments: