Monday, May 17, 2010

Jail Time?

So I might either be arrested or I might have to pay over $600 in charges because HEB messed up somewhere. Remember when my car was stolen? Well, the theivers used a few of my checks and a few days after that I started receiving the letters from HEB that I owed them a ton of money. We called HEB and told them that all the checks that had been written were fraudulently done. They sent the paperwork and I sent it all back with everything they asked for. Friday night I received a letter from the DA that I have ten days to pay or I will be arrested. What the heck happened? I know I sent in all the proper paperwork because I spent an hour at FedEx Office (Kinko's for those of you who didn't know the new name) making copies, checking all paperwork and making sure the proper forms went to the proper addresses. I know I sent it out and got it there before the deadline, unless the mail was moving slow. Which, by the way, I think the mail is moving really, really slow in my part of town because it's taking four days to get mail that is sent locally from within San Antonio to another San Antonio address. I don't get it. Just when I thought everything had been worked out and I was free of this mess a new situation pops up that I have to fight against. What can be learned from this experience? I don't know yet, maybe it's so I become this great victim's rights activist and change the way victims of crimes are treated. Hmmmmmm? Nah, but there is something to this whole mess, I just hope I can figure it out before it's too late. It may be time to practice my mug shots ;) I should really smile and make them tell me straight face then give them "I'm mad" or "I don't wanna" attitude and smile anyway.

1 comment:

Chrissy said...

What a mess, Katie!! On the positive side, I bet that orange jumpsuit would look fabo with your gorgeous red hair! :-)