Friday, May 21, 2010

Ten Years From Now...

One of my friends had the whole "Where do you see yourself in ten years?" question on her blog. I thought that was a good thing to think about. I, at this point in time in my life, can't even begin to imagine where I will be in ten years. I thought I had it all planned out when I graduated high school that I would be happily engaged by time I graduated from college and have my perfect job driving the perfect truck and ready for my life to really begin. What did I actually have at that time? A Grand Prix, no job, no boyfriend (didn't even have any dates that whole time), no money, and was getting ready to start grad school. Not what I thought would happen by time I was out of college. Then the next year I was moving to SA to finish grad school and start a whole new life. Since then my life has been nothing like I planned. My life has had so many twists and turns that I feel like I could never get back to my starting point. So for me to answer the question "Where will you be ten years from now?" is impossible. I really can't imagine or begin to think where I will be. I hope in ten years that I will have a beautiful family, running kids from activity to activity, living in a house, and just being the best darn wife and mom that I can be. Who really knows what the future holds. I just want to focus on the here and now and find joy in the journey. Then I look back in ten years and see that my life was nothing like I had ever planned it to be =0)

No comments: