Thursday, May 27, 2010

One More Day!

One more day left until summer officially begins! Eeeeeeek! I asked Leland last night what the plan was for Monday, being Memorial Day and all, since I had nothing planned. Number one thing to do on the list, sleep-in. That's right ladies and gentlemen, sleep-in. I am so grateful that sleeping in is on the list of things to do. The rest of the day I have no clue what we are going to do, but at least the morning is taken care of. I may just go work out after I wake up. I can begin my summer workout ritual. I hope I am able to continue my plan without getting burned out too quickly. Run to the gym (3 miles away), do a little weight training, then run home. I will hit 6 miles a day. My goal for this year running is to be able to run a 10K with no problems. I know I could run a 10K, but without problems is the big thing for me. No tight hips or hurting tendons in my left foot and definitely, no slow-almost walking jogs. It's a tough goal to reach in just two and half months, but I can do it. It will be really nice to be able to go to Utah and run three to four miles without dying in the altitude.

Today the kiddos are taking their Science finals. I am usually in one of the classrooms administering an exam, but when I looked at the list, my name was nowhere to be found. So this is my schedule for Thursday: 0 period - nothing, 1st period - nothing, 2nd period- nothing, 3rd period- nothing, 4th period- nothing. Then the kiddos go home. Then I have my contract meeting at 1pm. I am wondering if there is something else in the plans for me though. I know books are starting to be returned today so I wonder, hmmm. . . Whatever it is, I hope I am able to get it done in a satisfactory manner. Isn't that a killer schedule? In the good way of course. I mean, how often do you go into work and realize there is nothing to do? There is always something that needs to be done. Right now with athletics over and no more classes to teach and grade finalized I can only think of one thing to do, review my ILD/PDAS training books and prepare for my meeting. Also, with nothing to do and my meeting ahead I have plenty of time to think about it and drive myself crazy with the "what if's". So no thinking about it. None whatsoever. The bell just rang, gotta get to the hall patrol. =0)

No comments: