Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Summer and Some Stuff

It's almost here! The end of the school year is so close right now. Three weeks and it's time for some real vacation. I think it's been about a year since I had a real vacation and I can't wait for this one! I will finally catch up on sleep, have time to hit the gym again (and lose the 15lbs I've gained since last August), and keep up with all the cleaning in the apartment. This summer is going to be the busiest summer since 2007 when I took 15hrs of grad school. In June Leland and I will be heading off to Florida to go to Disneyworld, land (whichever is in Florida) and to visit my great aunt and uncle. Then in July I have girl's camp and then we are hitting up Utah so I can meet the rest of his family and experience a real Pioneer Day celebration. I have never been to Utah and I always told myself I would never go, but it looks like I have to since my in-laws live up there. Wait, so do I need a passport or anything to go to Utah? I may have to research that one (haha!). Then when August rolls back around school starts up again. I am so excited for this summer and what a break it will really be for me. Ahhh, summer.

On the weekend news, I ran the Race for the Cure on Saturday. About mile two I started to die, but pushed my way to the finish line. I found it a little odd that out of everyone in the group I finished first. I have not really run and worked out since December (because of the whole mono thing and not feeling safe at the gym anymore since my car was stolen) and the rest of my compadres had been working out and eating healthy and all that jazz. I really don't understand how I could have out-run them. It was funny listening to them talk. One person like to run this thing with me because I am her pacer. She loves to sprint about a quarter of a mile then take it easy to recover and when I finally catch up to her she takes off again. Another person told herself that as long as she could stay with me for the first mile she would be happy. She would also follow me through the throngs of people everywhere since I was so good at cutting through them all. She was so happy that she was able to keep up with me for a mile and half, until she stopped for a few seconds to listen to a mariachi band and when she finally looked back up, I was nowhere to be found. I really thought that everyone would catch up and eventually pass me since I was so out of shape, but no one did. I know I still have a long way to go, but I also have all summer to do it.

Oh, finally have my pictures taken off my camera from the past few events, but they are one Leland's computer so I can't really get to them right now. AS soon as I can, they will be posted here. Keep a lookout, they are coming =0)

No comments: