Sunday, April 6, 2008

Friends

What can I say about Sunday? Sunday is the greatest day to rest. I watched General Conference again today. So I wasn't as focused on it today as I was yesterday because I was filling out a job application, but it was still great to hear the leaders of the church speak. I always learn so much and feel my testimony grow stronger. I am grateful for the gospel and for the blessings in my life.
Recently I have started thinking about friends. I don't know why, but I have been thinking about friends. What friends do I have? Who are my true friends? Why is it so difficult to find good friends? I really don't have a lot of friends, I have more acquaintances than anything else. When I was younger I learned not to trust anyone. Every time I placed my trust in someone that person betrayed my trust. In order to have friends you have to be able to trust people. I would like to think that people can trust me, so why betray a trust? I have also realized that whenever I get close to people either I or the other person leaves. Since I am horrible with remaining in contact with people I usually don't hear from that person anymore. I am grateful for facebook and other social networks that I can keep up with what is going on in people's lives. Friends, to me, are far and few between. They are really hard to find. I do have a group of friends that have been really close to me since my freshman year of college. We all played soccer together throughout college. We went through the same experiences (good and bad) and were able to lean on each other for support. We have had our ups and downs. We are spread all over the United States from Massachusettes to Hawaii to Canada. But we always find some way to stay in touch. This group is the only group that I have been close to for longer than a few years. I am grateful for this group and the things I have learned from them. They are my rock when I need them and have never judged me. While I am trying to increase my circle of friends I find it is hard for me to let my guard down. I have been living in this area for almost two years now and have not shown anyone who I really am. I feel like I can't be me. Hopefully someday I will show everyone who I really am and people will see me.

No comments: