Friday, April 11, 2008

Mmmmmmmm....Cheesecake

I love junk food, especially cheesecake. My dad is in town for a few days and last night he wanted to take me out for dinner. I could have said anything I wanted and usually I pick a place that is moderately priced and not expensive at all, but last night I wanted a really good portobello burger and what better place than Cheesecake Factory. My dad had never been there so it was an introduction of great food and amazing cheeseecake for him. For me it was a break from the ordinary. So while we were there the waiter was freaking me out a little bit. Now I know waiters try to be very personable and welcoming to get that bigger tip but this guy was a little too much for me. Now, I am a nice person so I'm not going to trash his waiter style. I noticed he was waiting a table next to us and wasn't doing the same things he was doing to us. First he was leaning on the post of the booth in this "Yeah look at me I'm so hot" kind of way. Then he started calling me sweetheart and honey and all these "endearing" terms. He was tryinig just a little too hard to make a "cool" impression. I just had to laugh after it was all done. My dad was totally oblivious to what the guy was doing. Sometimes Dad's are just oblivious. Back to the amazing food. Since Dad has never been CF I tried to guide him through the 20 pages of menu and get him to find something he liked. He decided on the Pasta Carbonara. Pasta covered in a light garlic cream sauce with peas and bacon. It was a great dish. We both ordered what we wanted then split our dishes. I think Dad was more interested in my portobello and fries because he didn't eat alot of his pasta. Since I don't like fries that much anyway I didn't mind. The pasta dish was so creamy and rich that we both ate it but there was still over half of the dish left to take home. Dad finished off half my portobello and pretty much all but maybe seven fries which I ate. Then came the good part. Since it is the Cheesecake Factory I couldn't leave without having a slice. The best cheesecake ever--ready for this? Tres Leches Cheesecake. If you lik regualr tres leches and cheescake you will flip for Tres leches Cheesecake. I have never had a cheesecake that was so light and airy with tons of flavor. It was served with the two normal pipings of whipped cream and fresh strawberries. My mouth is still watering for the deliciousness of the cheesecake. Even though Dad didn't want any cheesecake he ate about half of it, maybe a little more. The Cheesecake Factory is a culinary experience. Now if the chefs on Top Chef could cook more foods like what I had last night I would watch the show a little more. There would be real food and not overpriced, disgusting food (goose liver ice cream? C'mon!). After last night indulgence I think I better go workout for about three hours tonight to work off that richness. That's it for me!

No comments: