Friday, April 18, 2008

Is All Well?

That's the question for me right now. Is all well? I had a few interviews today. I feel like I did great with one and bombed the others. I wish I was a little more prepared for the directness of the second interview. After all that I am really unsure of what is going on. I won't find anything out until mid or late next week at the earliest. Until then I get to stress and worry and fret. I really don't think I got the job after today. I was so sure going into everything today then, well, blah. At least one thing was great about these past two days, I saw my mom. Since we were in the same city at the same time we were able to spend a few hours together and it was nice. It's always nice to see family.
I have been taught that no matter the distress you are in, you never show it. Some people wear their emotions on their sleeve, but I was always told those people are neurotics looking for attention. To some extent I agree. There are those who seem to only have bad things going on in their lives and they want everyone and their dog to know about it. It's actually a bit depressing to be around those people. Others only want everyone to know what good things are happening so everyone can bask in their glow and do the "look at me everything is always great with me". To me it's all a ploy to get more attention. I would rather only share with close friends my ups and downs. Even my closest friends have no idea what is going in my life. I am a private person that doesn't like attention. I don't try to get into or take the spotlight of others. This has probably been a hinderance in my life, but people who demand the attention are annoying. I don't want to be the annoying person. I would rather sit in the back and be unnoticed than be the center of attention all the time. It's going to take a lot for someone to break down the fortress I have constructed my entire life. If anyone thinks they can do it, I triple dog dare you to try.

No comments: