Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Is This What I Should Be doing?

My gut feeling was right and Kansas won, in overtime. It was a great game, at least the ending anyway.

On to the topic-o-the day. Recently I decided that I was ready to get back into coaching soccer. I have been away from the soccer scene for a couple of years now while I finshed my master's degree. I think I am ready for a new start. I have been filling out applications, writing letters and sending resumes across the state of Texas. I haven't been having any success though. I think I may have found something. The first person to contact me has been a coach from Pearland. It seems like it could be a possiblity. I am not 100% sure of it, but I hope something starts to materialize. I know I also have a fall-back plan. I could always move back to my parent's place and take over for my dad. As much as I would love to take over a winning program and have the support I would have with my dad's help I feel like I have to start doing things on my own. I always wonder if what I have accomplished thus far in my life has been because of me working hard or because someone else has pushed for me. I always wonder, "Is this what I should be doing?" When I started the search I was 100% confident that this is what I need to do. I am ready to start a new chapter of my life and do something I love. Now, I really wonder what it is I need to do. This is something I need to decide with help from my Heavenly Father. There are so many pathways I can go. Which one do I choose? I don't want to leave where I am right now, but if things don't start happening soon I am going to have to leave. I guess it's time for me to grow-up a little more and realize that this is the best thing for me.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Of course, I would rather you stay here ... but if the job is good, you gotta go. Coaching is what you are supposed to be doing and its possible that the job would help you on your way to what you are supposed to be doing after that! Sucks, cause I want you around here! (Boo for having to give good advice that might send you away!)