Saturday, April 12, 2008

Things to Come

These past two days have been good. I was a little ill on Friday, but I think it is only allergies so I am okay. I felt horrible all day Friday and I felt bad for the classes I had to teach because I was useless, but sometimes you have to feel useless and see who can pick up the slack. I also was able to see an old family friend and listen to my dad and "Uncle" Ray talk about their days working in the psych ward. It is great when they get together. There is not one moment of silence and they are hilarous! I hope one day my kids will be able to see the relationships I have with my close group of friends and say the same things. Having my dad here has been the break I needed. I love my family and having them around helps me remember who I am and that there is always going to be someone on this earth that cares for me and wants the best things for me. Plus when Dad comes to visit he pays for everything. Which I really don't like because I feel like I should be paying for him since he has paid for everything my entire life. I also don't feel like an adult when daddy is paying for everything. It makes him feel good to do things for me so I let him.
Today was a really good day. I was able to go to Austin to watch the high school state finals and talk to a coach about a possible job. It was a great meeting. We have the same coaching philosphy and feel the same about developing players as people. There is only one teaching position open and I have to go on an interview very quickly to make sure it is going to be a good fit. I feel really good about this. I hope it all works out. I am grateful it is fast Sunday. This is a huge decision for me. I am one to do what feels right. I usually don't regret my choices. I have never had buyer's remorse; although, I have had eater's remorse. When I make a decision I have it confirmed and I don't think twice about it. Dad is trying to get me to go with a job opennig in Pflugerville, but I don't know about that. I really think the Austin and surrounding areas are beautiful, but do I really want to live there? Not really. I usually listen to what my dad has to say, but this is my life. Somtimes I think he is trying to live vicariously a little through me. I have the opps he really never had or turned down and I think he regrets it a little and doesn't want me to regret my decisions. I don't think I have ever regretted a decision. I like to try everyhting once and if I don't like it I make another decision and try to get out of the situation.
I also went to IKEA for the first time. Yeah, not that great. It's not as good as everyone thinks it is. It's different and that's what everyone likes about it, but it's not good stuff. To me it was cheap-o depot. Anyway, this weekend has been really good. I haven't had near enough sleep, but I can catch up on that. Katie G signing off!

No comments: